Terms, Agreements and Conditions Policy
This policy is written and valid in English (US) only. Date of Last Revision: March 30th 2016
By using or accessing circle.dance, flux.dance and/or attending event(s) organized by CIRCLE Dance or any of its partners, you agree to this policy in its entirety.
- CIRCLE Dance is a concept to offer professional dance training to dance related professionals in the Netherlands, and soon the rest of Europe. CIRCLE Dance owns the rights to its website www.circle.dance, the logo, the name and the concept. For the purpose of this policy the website can also be referred to as CIRCLE Dance. CIRCLE Dance can be referred to as “we” in this policy.
- Class. Classes organized, promoted for and taught in different locations. We offer dance classes for professional dancers, dance teachers or graduates of dance related studies only. Workshops and Masterclasses are a kind of class.
- Studio. Studios are where dances classes are held. Studio locations are subject to change.
- Franchise Partner. Franchise Partners are CIRCLE Dance certified organisations offering classes and events in collaboration, and under the name and concept of CIRCLE Dance.
- Participant. Participants are individuals who partake in dance class(es) and/or individuals who use the website. Participants may obtain a temporary teacher status in addition to their participant status.
- Teacher. Teachers are participants who are responsible for delivery of a dance class to other participants with the goal being, but not limited to providing with physical training.
- Credit. Credits are virtual goods which are paid for by participants in Euros only and/or earned in return for teaching (a) dance class(es). These credits are one form of payment for participating in (a) dance class(es). -Credits are non-transferrable and non-refundable.
- Reservation. Payment and reservations for a class by means of credit taken from the participant’s account,paid via the website or in the studio.
- Profile. Profiles are digital representations of the participants created by a participant and connected to his account. Profiles are open to the public.
- Account. An account is created by a participant by registering with CIRCLE Dance. Accounts allow participants to view and manage: credits earned, teaching schedules, invoices, profile and other elements of CIRCLE Dance.
Registration and Account
Participants agree to the following:
- I will provide real names and information, none of which is false. All information provided is accurate and up to date. I cannot and will not create an account for anyone other than myself without permission. I will not create more than one profile. If we disable your account, I will not create another one without our permission. I will not use my personal profile for my own commercial gain (such as selling space on the profile). I will not use CIRCLE Dance if I am under 16. I will not participate in CIRCLE Dance if I am a convicted sex offender. I will keep my contact information accurate and up-to-date. I will not share my password, let anyone else access my account, or do anything else that might jeopardize the security of my account.
- I will not transfer my account to anyone without first getting our written permission. I was educated and/or work professionally in the field of dance. All information I provide on my profile is public domain.
- For content that is covered by intellectual property rights, like photos and videos, I specifically give us the following permission: I grant us a non-exclusive, transferable, sub-licensable, royalty-free, worldwide license to use any content that you post on or in connection with CIRCLE Dance. This license ends when I delete my content or my account unless my content has been shared with others, and they have not deleted it.
- When I publish content or information on my profile, it means that you are allowing the public, including people not associated with CIRCLE Dance, to access and use that information, and to associate it with you (i.e., your name and profile picture).
- We appreciate feedback or other suggestions about CIRCLE Dance, but I understand that CIRCLE Dance may use them without any obligation to compensate me for them (just as I have no obligation to offer them).
- I will not post content on my or other participants’ profile or take any action that infringes or violates someone else's rights or otherwise violates the law.
- I will not post unauthorized commercial communications (such as spam) on CIRCLE Dance. I will not collect other participants’ content or information, or otherwise access CIRCLE Dance, using automated means (such as harvesting bots, robots, spiders, or scrapers) without our permission. I will not engage in unlawful multi-level marketing, such as a pyramid scheme. I will not upload viruses or other malicious code. I will not solicit login information or access an account belonging to someone else.
- I will not bully, intimidate, or harass any participant online or in person. I will not communicate in a manner which is hateful, threatening, or pornographic towards other participants; incites violence; or contains nudity or violence. I will not use CIRCLE Dance to do anything unlawful, misleading, malicious, or discriminatory. I will not do anything that could disable, overburden, or impair the proper working of CIRCLE Dance, such as a denial of service attack. I will not facilitate or encourage any violations of this Statement.
- CIRCLE Dance does not sell any personal information to any third parties. We do reserve the right to disclose participant information in special cases when we have reason to believe that disclosing this information is necessary to identify, contact or bring legal action against someone who may be causing injury to or interfering with (either intentionally or unintentionally) our rights or property, other participants, or anyone else that could be harmed by those activities. This includes our right to exchange information with other organizations in order to protect against fraud and to reduce credit risk. We also reserve the right to disclose participant information when we believe in good faith that the law requires it. Participant information is generally one of the business assets involved in the sale of a business. In the event that CIRCLE Dance or all of its assets were acquired, customer information would be one of the transferred assets.
- We collect different participants' data for internal processes and for improvement of the CIRCLE Dance experience. We save Registration information as firstname, surname, email address, birthday, profile photo, gender. We collect information you choose to share such as when you post a status update, upload a photo, or comment on a friend's story. It also includes the information you choose to share when you communicate with us, such as when you contact us using an email address, or when you take an action, such as when you add a friend, like a class or teacher or add a review.
Your name, profile pictures, cover photos, gender, networks, username and User ID are treated just like information you choose to make public.
Your birthday allows us to do things like show you age-appropriate content and match you with other participants.
- We also put together data from the information we already have about you, your friends, and others, so we can offer and suggest a variety of services and features. For example, we may make friend suggestions, pick stories for your News Feed, or suggest people to tag in photos. We may put together your current city with GPS and other location information we have about you to, for example, tell you and your friends about people or events nearby, or offer deals to you in which you might be interested. We may also put together data about you to serve you content that might be more relevant to you.
All profile information are only visible for other participants with an account unless you choose to make it publicly accessible for everyone.
In order to participate in CIRCLE Dance
Payment, Taxes and Refund Policy
- By attending classes
- One must pay for each class attended in the form of credit or monetary payment by reserving prior to attending class online or in the studio.
- Participants may warm up in the studio before class under the prerequisite not to disturb and/or distract other participants or the teacher.
- Participants who are obviously not up to the level of the class may be asked to leave class. They can get a credit refund after contacting CIRCLE Dance.
- Participants are obligated to wear style appropriate dance clothes.
- Cellphones and other mobile devices msut be switched of or in airplane mode.
- Food and drinks are prohibited in the studio.
- Body cream and oils or hair products that participants use may remain on the studio floor after one has been doing floor work. It may make the floor slippery for the dancers in the subsequent classes. If you use these products, cover yourself appropriately so that they do not have contact with the floor.
- Participants are asked to follow the instructions of CIRCLE Dance staff, franchise partner staff, studio staff, and teachers at all times. Not doing so can result in refusal to class or banning from CIRCLE Dance.
- CIRCLE Dance reserves the right to reject persons from attending classes without reimbursement in particular cases, for example tardiness, violation of the policy.
- As a teacher
- One must request to teach first by selecting dates on our agenda. CIRCLE Dance reserves the right to refuse any request because of scheduling or issues with the participant’s profile. Only after CIRCLE Dance confirms a request to teach with an email confirmation, the following duties and rights apply to the participant and he/she temporarily changes status to “teacher”:
- CIRCLE Dance is conscious about the beginner status of some of it’s teachers. We do expect teachers though to give their best in any given class.
- The teacher has to be at the location of that day at least 15 minutes prior to the start of his/her class. The teacher has to make sure in advance that he/she has informed him/herself online or in person about specialities of the location like kind of dance floor, size of studio, available music installation and everything which could affect the given dance class and the performance of the dancers and teacher during the class. The teacher has to apply the collected information to prepare herself/himself and react properly to the information gathered to make sure the class won’t be affected by any circumstance which could have been avoided.
- During and before class, the teacher follow’s the guide and instructions which are sent to him by mail and any information given on the website. The teacher frees himself of any rights of ignorance against or with CIRCLE Dance, the studio or the franchise partner.
- The teacher frees himself of any right to claim payment in any volume for his/her taught classes. CIRCLE Dance will add a “thank you” gift to the participant’s account in form of credit. We keep the right to not give this “thank you” gift if CIRCLE Dance thinks that the teacher violated this policy in any form.
- In special cases, CIRCLE Dance offers teachers to be paid out in monetary payment instead of credit if they have activated 'cash'/monetary payment in their account. The final choice lies with CIRCLE Dance at all times. In case of monetary payment, teachers need to comply to Dutch tax law and comply to tax law of the franchise partner's country. Teachers need to provide all required documentation before payment is possible.
- Copyright of taught material stays with the teacher in all cases and at all times.
- Assumption of risk
The participant agrees that the physical activity in a dance class may include aerobic exercise, anaerobic exercise, resistance exercise and stretching. He/she realizes that participation in these activities involves the risk of injury and even the possibility of death. Furthermore, the participant confirms that he/she is voluntarily engaging in these activities. The participant chooses the level personal physical engagement and/or risk and is solely responsible for its possible repercussions.
- CIRCLE Dance accept these forms of payment: credit and debit cards issued by banks in the Netherlands, payments through iDeal or direct debit via your bank account and cash payment at the studio. If a credit or debit card, iDeal or direct debit is being used for a transaction, CIRCLE Dance may obtain preapproval for an amount up to the amount of the order. Billing occurs at the time of or up to 10 days after your transaction. If you are using 1-Click-Payment purchasing or direct debit, your order may be authorised and billed in increments during one purchasing session, so it may appear as multiple orders on your statement.
- You agree that you will pay for all products you purchase through CIRCLE Dance and that CIRCLE Dance may charge your credit or debit card or bank account for any products purchased and for any additional amounts (including any taxes and late fees, as applicable) that may be accrued by or in connection with your account. You are responsible for the timely payment of all fees and for providing CIRCLE Dance with a valid credit or debit card or bank account details for payment of all fees. All fees will be billed to the credit or debit card or bank account you designate during the payment registration process. If you want to designate a different credit or debit card or if there is a change in your credit or debit card or bank account status, you must change your information online in the Account Information section of CIRCLE Dance; this may temporarily disrupt your access to our services while CIRCLE Dance verifies your new payment information.
- Your total price will include the price of the product plus any applicable VAT/BTW (in effect on the day of purchase).
- You have the right to withdraw from your transaction without charge and without giving any reason until crediting of the product has happened or up to 14 days after the purchase. You will not have a right to cancel your contract once the services commence unless you have received an unacceptably poor or wrong credit. If this happens, you must tell us as soon as possible using the “Contact Us” link on the website, and if the poor creditting is caused by CIRCLE Dance and cannot be resolved, a refund may be provided.
- Until a purchase is made, we reserve the right to change prices for products offered at any time, and we do not provide price protection or refunds in the event of a price reduction or promotional offering subsequent to purchase.
- If technical problems prevent or unreasonably delay delivery of your product, your exclusive and sole remedy is either replacement or refund of the price paid, as determined by CIRCLE Dance.
- 1-Click-Payment is a convenient feature that allows you to make a purchase from CIRCLE Dance with a single click of your mouse or other input device. When accessing CIRCLE Dance on any device, 1-Click-Payment purchasing may be activated via the dialog that appears when you click a Buy button. When 1-Click-Payment is activated, clicking or tapping the Buy button starts the flow of creditting immediately and completes your transaction without any further steps.
- CIRCLE Dance preserves the right to cancel classes when there are too few reservations or under not foreseen circumstances. Participants have the right to cancel their reservations at any time up until one minute before the training start via their account. In both cases, CIRCLE Dance will add the paid credit back to the participants&rsqo;s account to use for another class.
Changes to these terms
- Grievance is handled confidentially and discussed with the management. If needed, the franchise managers can be consulted or even the advisory board. Depending on the nature of the complaint, CIRCLE Dance can consider taking further steps. If necessary, we will refer the complaint within four weeks to an objective third party. Mr. Birgitte D. Peters (Phone +31 (0)6 22 55 04 16), independent intermediary and legal business mediator, can be consulted for an appeal, her verdict will be binding. The case will then be settled within four weeks. In case the complaint requires further investigation, the participant will be informed about the terms and reasons. CIRCLE Dance will archive complaints for one year.
- Complaints can be sent to email@example.com.